Roadmap for improving air quality in the UAE
In the UAE, air quality is one of the key issues in the UAE National Vision 2021 agenda, with an aim to raise air quality from its current level to 90% by 2021. With this in mind, the Ministry of Climate Change and Environment together with its public and private sector partners has established strategic plans for each emirate and has implemented sustainable development goals (SDGs) to meet targets set by the United Nations for 2030. In addition, the UAE has committed more than USD 840 million (AED 3.1 billion) to renewable energy in more than 30 countries.
With air pollution control at the forefront of the national agenda, the Clean Air Forum 2018 will bring together key stakeholders to discuss the latest regulations for improving air quality control, innovative technologies for conserving energy and reducing air pollutants, benchmarking with international best practices for air pollution control, and exploring green, clean and efficient energy sources.
- Understand the latest regulations for monitoring and improving air quality both regionally and globally
- Gain insight into the cutting-edge advancements in renewable, clean and efficient energy sources
- Discover innovative strategies for conserving energy across industry sectors
- Be part of the important discussions on collaboration between stakeholders to improve air quality for the benefit of public health
- Embrace changes in modern sustainable transportation for emission reduction
- Promote the importance of air quality management through public awareness campaigns
Who should attend?
Heads of Environment; Environment, Health & Safety Leaders; HSE Managers/directors and Directors of Sustainability from:
- Environmental Agencies
- Road and Transport Authorities
- Healthcare Authorities
- Power and Water Authorities
- Oil and Gas Companies
- Mining and Quarrying Companies
- Metal Manufacturing Companies
- Plastic Manufacturing Companies
- Automotive Companies
- Construction and Real Estate Developers
- Technology Developers
- Research and Development
- Academic Institutes